I loved Anna and the French Kiss—it’s one of those books that just sucks you in and does not let you go. The story was great and the writing was even better, but while the rest of the world seems to love St. Clair, I have to say I am not really fan. Why? Because I think he is a jerk. He led Anna on the entire time, even though he had a girlfriend. He continued to inappropriately carry on with Anna when he should have broken up with Ellie—not cool.
Now even though Anna and the French Kiss was great—I have a major complaint about St. Clair’s behavior. Which brings me to my first list…
You Know you should break up with your girlfriend when:
1. You drunkenly declare your feelings to the girl you like—and said girl is not your girlfriend
2. You SLEEP IN THE SAM BED as not your girlfriend!!!
3. You spend more time with not your girlfriend than your girlfriend
4. You feel like complete crap for months because your Mom has cancer, and the one person who manages to make you feel better is a girl—and she is not your girlfriend
5. You spend your entire Christmas vacation with your sick mother and texting, emailing, and calling not your girlfriend. Incessantly.
6. You buy a book of love poetry for not your girlfriend
7. You get drunk at a club and spend all night suggestively dancing with not your girlfriend
8. You spend most of your time thinking about and wanting to spend time with not your girlfriend
9. You “accidently” brush up against not your girlfriend in the movie theater and make sure you continue to touch her the entire time
10. You spend all your time showing not your girlfriend around Paris and going on fake dates and dealing with awkward moments almost kissing, but you don’t because—oh, yea—you already have a girlfriend
I loved Anna and the French Kiss because:
1. Anna is hysterical
2. St. Clair and the rest of their friends are hysterical
3. Anna and St. Clair are cute together and I love all the witty banter
4. Paris! I have been to Paris and after reading Anna and the French Kiss, I know I have to go back because I missed some pretty awesome stuff (the wishing star!)
5. Again—I really did love Anna and St. Clair together because even though St. Clair is not my favorite person, they are pretty cute together
Sound Good? Check Out...
*Click the image for more information